About Me

My photo
Husband to my best friend, Linda; Dad to three artistic and amazing children... John, Jeremy and Sarah, Plan A Coach with Kingdom Building Ministries and Missionary with Eastgate House of Prayer.

Free Email Subscription

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bark Park Detention

The past few days we have been working with our dog Maggie at our local dog park. She is three years old and by now she should be socialized enough to run and play with other dogs. Well, she's not... much to my embarrassment. In order to "sort of" connect with everyone else at the I have decided that we will hang out in the smaller part of the fenced in area. This area is actually designed for "smaller" dogs who are too afraid to interact with the bigger ones. But for Maggie and me it provides a chain link barrier between her and the rest of the dogs so. I hate it actually. I'm just not ready for the full experience yet. Sure, I usually say that Maggie isn't ready. But, I'm the one who isn't ready. You see, Maggie acts pretty dominant with other dogs and can get pretty snarly as well. I admit that it is threatening for me and I find it embarrassing. So, for the past two afternoons we have sheepishly hung out in Bark Park detention. Maybe today we will take the big jump into the big dog park... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment