About Me

My photo
Husband to my best friend, Linda; Dad to three artistic and amazing children... John, Jeremy and Sarah, Plan A Coach with Kingdom Building Ministries and Missionary with Eastgate House of Prayer.

Free Email Subscription

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What drives you?

What is motivating me today? I was reading these thoughts from "The Message" out of Phil 2;

"Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand."

How would my life change if I allowed the Holy Spirit to restore this attitude and lifestyle in me?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading out of The Message. The words are so clear and really help to illustrate what the passage is saying.

    Right now in our church we are going through a Pastoral change. I know that this transition is always a challenge. However, there seems to be a sense from some of the people that their agenda will not be met with the new guy. That bothers me, I would and have prayed that we will be united in prayer during this transition. That God has a plan and purpose for who He has chosen to come and shepherd us. We, as this scripture says, should not be concerned with what we want, but trust that God's will be done. Please pray for us as we go through this transition time.

    ReplyDelete