About Me

My photo
Husband to my best friend, Linda; Dad to three artistic and amazing children... John, Jeremy and Sarah, Plan A Coach with Kingdom Building Ministries and Missionary with Eastgate House of Prayer.

Free Email Subscription

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Early morning "send-off"

An excited team of high school students, our youth pastor and his wife and a few volunteer adult leaders just left for NYC a few minutes ago. They are headed to the Big Apple for a week of serving in soup kitchens and reaching out to homeless people with the love of Jesus. My mission this morning was to show up in the parking lot and pray with the team before they left. Well, I was supposed to arrive at the church building in time to see them off at 5:45 AM. When I woke up and looked at my cell phone for the time it was 5:57. So, I jumped out of bed and managed to arrive in time to lead out in a prayer. I don't know if the prayer I offered made any sense but I do believe that the next 7 days will be filled with life directing moments for every person on the team.

"God, watch over this team and help them not to miss even one experience you have intended for them this week".

No comments:

Post a Comment