About Me

My photo
Husband to my best friend, Linda; Dad to three artistic and amazing children... John, Jeremy and Sarah, Plan A Coach with Kingdom Building Ministries and Missionary with Eastgate House of Prayer.

Free Email Subscription

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, June 19, 2009

Learning with my dogs

Our family got our first dog, Maggie from the Animal Rescue league three years ago. June 30, 2006 to be precise. She was just barely 6 weeks old. Of course we didn't really know what we were getting into. It has been 3 years of hard work, a big investment of money and one of the best things we have ever done. About a month ago we adopted a second dog, Tenny into our family. He is 4 years old. He is a beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix. Maggie is a border collie/lab mix. Socializing them with each other and rehabbing Tenny into our home and our pack has required a lot of research and investment of time, money and devotion from me and my family. But, I am feeling great about how well it is going and for how I am growing from the experience. Today we went for a hike up behind Rothesay Netherwood School. It was an absolute blast. I am so glad we have discovered those trials and especially the Brook running through the woods... can't wait to get back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment